The way it works is the SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 receives the feed from the video source which can be DVI, HDMI, VGA or Component (adapters included) and then the feed is sent to The HD Wave where it is encoded and broadcasted over the internet. All of this is done in real time and delivering an HD stream from glass to glass in under 3 seconds.
•Dual channel DVI/VGA capture card (PCI-Express)
•Four Lane PCIe bus with a maximum data rate of 480MB/sec
• Maximum analog RGB capture resolution of 2048 x 1536 x 24bit
•Maximum DVI capture resolution of 1920 x 1080 x 24bit
• On card processor for real time mode and sync detection
•Support for multiple cards allowing up to 32 capture channels. (32 cards)
• Direct DMA driver software and Streaming driver
•High quality down scaling
• Support for YUV 4:2:2, RGB 5:5:5, 5:6:5 and 8:8:8 video formats
•High performance DMA to system memory or direct to graphics memory with scatter gather
•Support for separate H/V sync, Composite sync or Sync on Green
•16 cropping windows per capture channel
•Includes WDM streaming drivers and the SUPER PC XtremeRGB application software.
•Fully integrated with the EMS Wall Control software for video wall applications.
•SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex1 is also optimized for operation with the EMS range of graphics cards.
•Support for Windows XP/ Server 2003.
•EMS SDK included for software developers and also Directshow samples.
The SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 is an ideal solution for applications that require the capture of DVI or Analog VGA sources in real time. Typical applications include:
- Viewing Analog or DVI sources from PCs, MACs, Industrial/medical equipment, cameras and other video equipment.
- Recording Analog or DVI video sources.
- Streaming video applications.
- Video/Data Wall Controllers
For streaming applications, the XtemeRGB-Ex2 can be used with Windows Media Encoder to compress and stream captured video. To replay the video, use Windows® Media Player. Any application compatible with Windows DirectShow technology can use the XtremeRGB-Ex2 due to its built-in WDM support.
SUPER PC XtremeRGB Software:
The SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 is supplied with a powerful software application for configuring the timing and format of the input sources and displaying the data. Simply connect your external DVI or Analog source into the card, run the SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 application to automatically detect the video source format and display the captured video in a window on your desktop. You can also use the software application to record and capture the Analog data at high frame rates and play it back using the SUPER PC PhynxRecorder and PhynxPlayer applications.
The XtremeRGB-Ex2 has a dual capture channels supporting up to 1920x1080 DVI or 2048x1536 VGA resolutions. The SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 captures the Analog/DVI data and triple buffers it into onboard storage. This data is then copied using DMA to the host system for display, storage or streaming. Whenever the DVI/VGA data is displayed the SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 sends the video data directly to the graphics card or via system memory (uer option). The SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 direct transfer to teh graphics cards card increases the performance. The SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 sends portions of the captured data to the video channel and instructs each channel to use its graphics engine to update the data. This utilizes the hardware and dramatically increases performance.
Models SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex1 - A single channel PCI-Express capture card.
Models SUPER PC XtremeRGB-Ex2 - A dual channel PCI-Express capture card.
· Board Format: PCI-e x4 low profile card, 68.9mm x 167.6mm PCI-e bus master with scatter gather DMA providing maximum data rate of 480Mb/s
· Connectors: Two DVI-I type connectors
· Maximum Sample Rate: 170Mpixels per second analog RGB or 165 MHz DVI Analog modes up to 340MHz pixel clock can be captured using dual-pass sampling :
· RGB: 24 bits per pixel / 8-8-8 format
· Video Capture Memory: 32 MB, triple buffered
· Analog RGB Mode Support: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1080, 2048x1536, custom modes
· DVI Single Link Mode Support: 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200, 1920x1080, custom modes (HDCP not supported)
· Input Mode Detection: Automatic detection of input modes in hardware, enabling the tracking of mode changes in the source signal. Pixel Output Formats: RGB: 5-5-5, 5-6-5 or 8-8-8 pixels. YUV: 4:2:2, UYVY, YUY2, YVYU
· Update Rate: User defined, typically 60 frames per second, limited by available PCI-Express bandwidth max 480MB/s. Triplei-buffered to eliminate tearing artifacts
· Video Format Options: Analog RGB plus HSync and VSync (5 wire), Analog RGB with Composite Sync (4 wire), Analog RGB with Sync on Green (3 wire). -> Progressive. DVI Single Link.
· Operating System Support Windows® XP, Windows® Vista and Windows® Server 2008 (x86 and x64)
· Power Requirements: Max current at +3.3V – 0.25A, Max current at +12V – 1.2A, Max power – 15 Watts.
· Operating Temperature: 0 to 35 deg C.
· Storage Temperature: -20 to 70 deg C. 5% to 90% non-condensing.
· Anbalog input range: Min 0.5Vpp Max 1.0Vpp
· Input Offset: +/- 2V
· Hsync: 15Khz – 110Khz
· Vsync: no hardware limits, typ. 25Hz – 200Hz for real signals
· Separate Sync Polarity: Positive or Negative. ( Separate H & V sync, Composite Sync)
· Sync on Green Polarity: Negative
· Inputs: 75 Ohm Terminated